HOT COFFEE with PEPPERMINT Christmas Special

:: I am completely and utterly in love with mint hot chocolate. For as long as I can remember, my favorite ice cream flavor has been mint chocolate chip, and I nearly keeled over with joy the first time I tasted a peppermint mocha at my local coffee shop. It was only a matter of time, then, until I developed my own mint hot chocolate recipe at home for christmas special drink.  Sure, I could buy peppermint hot cocoa mix from the store, but cocoa tastes a thousand times better when I make it myself. Plus, it’s so easy to make from scratch that I could do it with my eyes closed ::
  


   { Preparation & Making Time : 10 Min }
          Difficulty : Easy
        Drink Type : Chocolate, Sugar
               Serves : 4-6
             Cuisines : WORLD, USA, EUROPEAN,ASIAN,MEXICAN,BRAZIL



    Ingredients
 • 4 cups 2% milk - divided
 • 9 ounces semisweet chocolate (finely chopped)
 • ½ teaspoon mint extract (or 1 cup peppermint schnapps for you adults)
 • Sugar to taste
 • Whipped cream for topping
 • Crushed candy canes for topping.

  

     Preparation method
1. First In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 cup of milk until it reaches 180°,
  or when it starts to steam and bubble around the edges. Do not scald or boil the milk,
  as this will change the flavor. Once the milk is at temperature, turn heat to low and
  slowly pour the chopped chocolate into the milk, whipping quickly with a wire whisk.
  Keep whisking until all cocoa is melted.

2. Once chocolate is completely melted into the milk, turn heat up to medium and add 
  the remaining milk. Keep whisking quickly until well mixed. Stir in mint extract or
  peppermint schnapps. Taste the hot chocolate and add sugar a teaspoon at a time until
  the drink is as sweet as you prefer.

3. Now Ladle hot chocolate into small mugs and serve with a dollop of whipped cream
  and a sprinkling of crushed candy cane.

  My Note :
  Variation: Add a shot of espresso to each mug of hot cocoa for the perfect
  peppermint mocha.

      ENJOY


Test Kithcen Gauranteed: All Recipes that Run in Fine Cooking are Throughly tested in our Test Kitchen - ENJOY

Comments

Popular Posts